Current as of November 20, 2018
TUGO may collect personal information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, place an order, fill out a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available to users. “Personal Information” includes a user’s name, email address, mailing address, phone number, birth date, credit card information, TUGO user names and passwords, technical support records, and customer service call records. Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to provide personal information; however, this may prevent TUGO from providing certain products or services to users or prevent users from engaging in certain site-related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
TUGO may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TUGO uses personal information:
- To deliver, bill for and process payments for our products and services
- We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To improve customer service
- Information users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To improve our products and services
- We may use feedback users provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or site feature
- To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
- To send periodic emails
- We may use email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order and to send users monthly account statement notifications. It may also be used to respond to user inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When subscribing to any of TUGO’s products or services, users are providing implied consent for TUGO to collect personal information like a user’s name, phone number, and billing information. We will obtain express consent prior to using or disclosing a user’s personal information for a purpose that is not described within this policy, or that we did not identify to you at the time of collection. When dealing with certain legal, medical, or security issues, TUGO may be required by law to disclose your personal information without seeking or obtaining consent.
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE, AND RETENTION
TUGO will retain personal information only long enough to satisfy the purpose(s) outlined in this policy. Within a reasonable time after the purpose has been satisfied, sensitive information will be destroyed or made anonymous.
Unless a user provides express consent or disclosure pursuant to a legal power, all information kept by TUGO about the user, other than the user’s name, address and listed telephone number, is confidential and may not be disclosed by TUGO to anyone other than:
- the user;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgement of TUGO, is seeking the information as an agent of the user;
- an agent retained by TUGO in the collection of the customer’s account, provided the information is required for and is to be used only for that purpose.
PROTECTION OF USER INFORMATION
TUGO has adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
SHARING USER INFORMATION
TUGO does not sell, trade or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on the site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. TUGO does not control the content or links that appear on these sites and is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TUGO will inform users of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and provide a user access to his/her information. Users are able to request corrections to inaccurate or incomplete information.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Attn: Privacy Officer
488 Edgeley Blvd.
Vaughan, ON L4K 4G4
If you feel that the TUGO privacy officer has not resolved your issue adequately, you may raise your concerns with The Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
Current as of November 20, 2018